I have the day off today...no work, no kids, no nothing. The house is quiet. Nobody is fighting over a balloon. No one is yelling at me from time out. And no one is playing in the toilet water. BUT no one is curled up on my lap wanting a story read to them. No one is giggling as they play cars. And no body is bringing me constant pairs of shoes in an attempt to make me bring him outside.
My house is silent, while normally it is a constant state of energy. They are two sides of the same coin, and I've come to realize that each side lets me fully appreciate the other one. I will make the most of every silent moment today and give myself a chance to hear the thoughts meandering through my head for once. But those silent moments today will make me fully appreciate the chaos that will ensue as I try to make supper in the midst of three boys running around.
"Silence is Golden"... one of your Mom's favorite songs as a young girl....and undoubtedly when she had four little ones running around the house too! :)
ReplyDelete