I feel compelled to write this post because I very nearly lost my dad this week. That has caused me to reflect on how important my dad is. So, I wanted to write this post to let the world know just what my dad means to me...
When there has been a typical Wisconsin blizzard, but school hasn't been called off, I know that the first thing I need to do when I get to work is call my dad and let him know I'm safe. Because he is sitting in front of the news worrying about me.
When I have a burden weighing down on my heart, I call my dad. He always knows what to say to make life feel doable again.
When Brad and I can't agree on what kind of tree a leaf comes from or what kind of bug is on our deck, I send the picture to my dad. He knows more than anyone I know.
When I am feeling like an awful mom and wife, I cry on my dad's shoulder. He lets me know that Mom would be proud of who I am.
When my kids need someone who will REALLY play with them and interact with them, relief comes when my dad rolls up in his jeep to go exploring in the woods.
When I am feeling less than perfect, all I have to do is hear my dad talk about me to his friends. According to him, I can walk on water.
When I feel like things are just too overwhelming, I think of the strength it took for him to raise 3 college age girls on his own.
Thank you dad for everything you have done for me and taught me.
No comments:
Post a Comment